Member for Bellarine, Lisa Neville, today opened the recently refurbished Barwon Heads Hall.
The $135,000 refurbishment was made possible thanks to a State Government Community Support Fund grant of $110,000, while the Hall’s Committee of Management contributed $25,000.
The funding was used to replace the entire original floor including stumps, bearers, joists and boards of the hall which was built in 1938.
The Barwon Heads Hall is widely used by the local community for markets, film nights, exercise classes, meetings, concerts and social functions.
In more recent times the Barwon Heads war memorial was relocated to the halls grounds and now hosts the annual ANZAC and Remembrance Day services.
The refurbishment of the hall has preserved a valuable heritage community asset for Barwon Head’s residents for generations to come.