BUDGET BRINGS IMPORTANT BENEFITS FOR BELLARINE
Lisa Neville, the Member for Bellarine, today highlighted the significant investments being delivered by the Andrews Labor Government’s 2017-18 Budget.
Ms Neville said, “This budget provides important benefits to the Bellarine and Geelong communities.
“The Budget includes:
- $3.22m for Leopold Primary School
- $211,000 for Queenscliff Primary School
- A new roundabout for Barwon Heads / Black Rock Road / Stacey’s Road, Connewarre
- Upgrades of the shoulder and drainage, and barrier construction for the Lower Duneed Road, Surf Coast Highway to Barwon Heads Road
- $1.5m for an upgrade to the Point Lonsdale Life Saving Club
- Protecting the Lake Connewarre Ramsar wetlands
- Upgrade to the Bellarine Bus Network to continue the service to Portarlington
- $50m to double the First Home owner Grant to $20,000 for new homes in regional areas, which will help thousands of regional Victorians to buy their first home.
- A payroll tax cut of 25% for all businesses operating substantially in regional Victoria benefitting around 4,000 business
“This is a budget that reflects our Government’s commitment to the issues that concern people across the Bellarine and impacts on their daily lives” Ms Neville said.